Attendance, punctuality and absence
At Kingsway Primary School, we believe that regular school attendance is key for our children to achieve their potential. Pupils with good attendance records benefit from:
- maximising educational opportunities
- developing good habits for secondary school and adult life
- making and maintaining friendships
- We encourage good attendance in class and in our assemblies on a whole class basis.
- Our target attendance is 96% - Here is how you can help your children and our school achieve this!
- Be on time - school gates and doors open at 8.45am and are closed promptly at 9.00am when learning begins. If your child arrives after 9.00am they will receive a late mark and you must enter school via the school office and speak to our attendance officer. Any late arrival after this time must come to the school office to explain the reason for lateness.
- Please ensure that non-urgent appointments (e.g. routine dental/ medical) are made out of school times where possible. If this is unavoidable - please provide copies of appointment letters/ cards.
- Do not book holidays in term time, in line with the Government ruling, these will not be authorised and Penalty notices and fines will be issued in line with Local Authority guidance.
- Inform the school of absences, providing valid reasons - this must be done each day as early as possible. Parents/ carers can do this via the school office on 0161 748 1867 or via email at email@example.com.
By law, all children of compulsory school age must get a suitable, full-time education. As a parent/carer, you are responsible for making sure this happens. Once your child is registered at Kingsway Primary School, you are responsible for making sure your child has regular and punctual attendance at school.
REMEMBER – Regular attendance is necessary for success in school. Please help to ensure that your child has the best opportunity for success by making sure they are in school every day