Welcome to Kingsway Primary & Nursery School
Key Covid Messages for staff and families
- If someone in your household has covid symptoms, and is waiting to be tested or for test results, all household members must self-isolate until the results are known.
- Do not send children into school, or go into work yourself until the test result is known.
- If the result is positive, all household members must self isolate for 10 days.
- The 10 days start:
- If symptomatic, day one is the first day of covid symptoms and is up to and including the 10th day.
- If asymptomatic, (no symptoms), day one is the day the test was taken and is up to and including the 10th day
- If you are a contact, you have to self-isolate for 10 days from the last contact with the case.
- It does not matter whether you have a test and you are negative, you must still self-isolate.
- You must not leave your house or garden or see friends during this time.
- This will stop other people getting the infection if you are developing the infection.
- Speak to your manager if you are identified as a contact.
- Support to self-isolate can be found here: www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/advice.page?id=6TzAFXlfQtI
WHAT PARENTS AND CARERS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EARLY YEARS PROVIDERS, SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES IN THE AUTUMN TERM 2020
- 20.10.09 Updated COVID 19 - Advice for Parents/Carers - This guidance is also available in the following languages:
- Please click on link below to read latest statement from the UK chief medical officers on schools and childcare reopening
- Please click HERE for the Government information for parents and carers.
- DfE - Parents are encouraged to visit gov.uk/backtoschool for information and practical guidance to help them plan for their children’s return to school.
- Updated guidance for parents and carers of children attending out-of-school settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- TRANSLATION OF GUIDANCE FOR PARENTS AND CARERS ON EARLY YEARS PROVIDERS, SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES IN THE AUTUMN TERM
The DfE have translated the guidance for parents and carers with children in nursery, school, or college in the autumn term.
The guidance is now available in the following languages:
DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) HELPLINE
The Department for Education coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline is available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline by calling:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
On Monday 31 August (Bank Holiday) will operate from 10am to 4pm.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE TO SUPPORT SCHOOL
Do not send your child to nursery or school if:
- they are showing coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- someone in their household is showing symptoms
Arrange a test if you or your child develops symptoms. Inform school of the results.
If the test is positive, follow guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, and engage with the NHS Test and Trace process.
Headteacher: Iain M. Lewis B.Ed (HONS), NPQH
We are a busy, exciting and very friendly school, with lots going on. Through our website, we hope to give you an insight into our school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents, pupils and other interested visitors.
Our principal aim at Kingsway Primary & Nursery School is to provide a caring, stimulating and dynamic environment where children acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to become active learners for life. We aim to enable children to recognise the positive contribution that they and others are able to make to our diverse, ever-changing society, both near and far.
We believe in working in partnership with parents, carers and members of our local community and wider communities in order to fulfil this aim.
School should be fun. It should be lively and it should be a place where children and adults grow into amazing people through mutual support and challenge.
‘Kingsway: The Heart of Learning where we want to explore, discover, reach for our dreams & have fun on the journey.’