At Kingsway we promote the development of the 'whole child' and therefore recognise the importance of Personal, Social, Health and Economic education.
We aim to:
- Develop confidence and responsibility and encourage children to make the most of their abilities
- Prepare children to play an active role in society as citizens
- Help children to develop a healthy, safe lifestyle
- Develop good relationships respecting the differences between people
- Help children to develop confidence, self-esteem and self-awareness.
In 2021 the government brought out statutorty guidance to primary schools ensuring that all schools are teaching RSE (Relationship and Sex Education). This will be taking part as part of PSHE lessons. The focus in primary school should be on teaching the fundamental building blocks and characteristics of positive relationships, with particular reference to friendships, family relationships, and relationships with other children and with adults.
All of this is taught using the Jigsaw scheme of work that encorpoates all National Curriculum objectives for both PSHE and RSE.
If you want to read more then click on the link below. Our school policy is available on our RSE page on the website and a copy of an overview of PSHE lessons are at the bottom of the page.
If you would like more information on this or any PSHE/RSE please email Miss Kearney: