At Kingsway we promote the development of the 'whole child' and therefore recognise the importance of Personal, Social, Health Education and Citizenship.
We aim to:
- Develop confidence and responsibility and encourage children to make the most of their abilities
- Prepare children to play an active role in society as citizens
- Help children to develop a healthy, safe lifestyle
- Develop good relationships respecting the differences between people
- Help children to develop confidence, self-esteem and self-awareness.
All of this is taught using the SEALs curriculum (Social and Emotional Aspect of Learning). Each half term the school focuses on a specific theme i.e. going for goals, changes. The SEALs theme is covered through PHSE lessons as well as class and key stage assemblies.